Compass Rose Brewery Gallery- February
Compass Rose Brewery will be displaying artwork from local artists on our brewery walls. Compass Rose is the largest taproom in Raleigh with 5,500 sq. ft of space to relax and drink in a family-friendly and socially distanced space. We have space to display at least 15 pieces of art depending on the size of the selected works and the number of submissions we receive. We are excited to provide artists with an opportunity to display their work and to provide the community with an opportunity to appreciate local talent! This is an open-theme exhibition that will rotate monthly and the second Friday of the month will be the exhibition opening!
We will only be accepting work which can be delivered in person to the brewery, as we want this to be a local gallery. All applications and payments are due by January 29th via email and electronic payment, or in person to Compass Rose Brewery during our weekday business hours. You will be notified by February 1st if you have been accepted. Artwork will need to be delivered no later than February 10th and will be on display for a month. We will notify artists as quickly as possible if they have been accepted and will begin promoting the show. With artist’s permission, the images submitted may be used in promotional materials. The show will officially open on the 12th, and we plan on hosting live music to kick it off!
We will only be accepting 2D works and they must be ready to hang. D-Rings should be used for heavy works (wood, metal, etc.). All works on paper must be framed under plexiglass or glass. Must have securely attached wire to hang. There is no size limit. Large pieces can be hung above the bar.
Price of artwork should be included in submission. Compass Rose will display work with a small plaque displaying the title, artist, price, and medium until the end of the month. If a sale is made, Compass Rose will receive a 20% commission on the sale. The piece will remain hanging until the end of the month and the buyer will be contacted to pick up the work. Artist’s will be paid by check. If the piece is not for sale, please indicate NFS on the entry form but include the price for insurance purposes. Compass Rose has an insurance coverage limit of $600 per piece.
Entry Form –Entries will be accepted no later than January 29th.
- Fill out and sign entry form, including information for each submission.
- Attach up to 3 detailed images per entry piece. Must be JPEGs no greater than 5MB. Only 3 works of art will be considered per applicant per month. Please label each file with Last Name, First Name, Title of Artwork. (Ex. Dough, John, Gingerbread House) If delivering in-person, images can be placed on a thumb drive. You are responsible for picking up thumb drive after entry period is completed.
- Submit entry form in person, or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Indicate preferred method of payment or pay through website)
- Send entry fee of non-refundable $10. (Online payment or in-person)
* Due to technical difficulties, if payments through our website are unavailable. Cash, Venmo, Paypal, and CashApp will be accepted, indicate preference when submitting form. *